From: London International Awards
Contact: Bee Lee: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: +1 718 747 6747
Embargoed until Monday, 8th November 2010, 1900 hrs GMT
JAPAN LEADS IN ASIA WITH SEVEN GOLD, TWO SILVER AND
NINE BRONZE STATUES AT THE
25TH ANNUAL LONDON INTERNATIONAL AWARDS
(London, 8 November 2010) The 25th LIA judging was held at the Wynn/Encore Hotel in Las Vegas, convening over a ten-day period. The juries, led by their respective Jury Presidents, viewed and scored every entry within their medium ensuring that all the work was judged equally. They concluded with final discussions to determine Grand LIAs, Statue Winners and Finalists.
This year, 12 companies in Japan were recognised for their superior entries to the 2010 London International Awards.
Dentsu Inc. Tokyo was honoured with two Gold Statues and a Bronze.
• Gold - Design - Posters for OLFA Cutter “Cutter Art of OLFA”
• Gold - Digital - Innovation Online for UNIQLO 25th Anniversary Campaign
• Bronze - Digital - Weird Wonderful Work for Phonebook
They also attained three Finalists in Design
• Gold – Design - Corporate Identity for The Natural Fermentation, Homemade Bakery, Daichi no Mi
• Gold – Design - Calendars for The Natural Fermentation, Homemade Bakery, Daichi no Mi
TBWA/Hakuhodo Tokyo won a Gold Statue and a Bronze Statue:
• Gold - Non-Traditional – Corporate Image for adidas Japan "Sky Comic"
• Bronze - Digital Navigation/Interactivity for adidas Tennis "Impossible Wall"
IMG SRC Inc., Tokyo win a Gold Statue
• Digital - Animation/Motion Graphics for Verbatim Storage Media "Verbatim Championship"
Projector Inc., Tokyo win a Gold Statue
• Digital – Apparel for UNIQLO "UNIQLO Calendar"
Wieden+Kennedy Tokyo won a Silver Statue and two Bronze Statues:
• Silver - Television/Cinema/Online Film – Apparel for Nike Free Run+ “Nike Music Shoe”
• Bronze - Digital - Viral for Nike Free Run+
• Bronze - The NEW Category for Nike Free Run+
They also attained a Finalist status in Digital
ADK Tokyo was awarded a Silver Statue
• Package Design – Cosmetics for HOYU3210
Bascule Inc. Tokyo win a Bronze Statue
• Digital - Retail for Domino’s Pizza "Pizza Tracking Show"
• Television/Cinema/Online Film - Music Original for UNIQLO UJ "UJ Debut"
Hakuhodo Inc. Tokyo won a Bronze Statue
• Digital – Mobile Advertising for Domino’s Pizza "Domino's App"
They also attained a Finalist in The NEW Category
Hakuhodo Kettle Inc, Tokyo win a Bronze Statue
• Integrated Campaign for Sony Recycle Project Jeans "The Wall Sale"
They also attained a Finalist in Design
MIT Gathering Co., Ltd., Tokyo win a Bronze Statue
• Radio - Personal Items/Gift Items for Zenrin Car Navigation “Old Car Navigation”
“Over the years we have seen Japanese companies move from strength to strength. This year, they continue to dominate in Design and Digital,” commented Barbara Levy, President of LIA. “I would like to congratulate Japan in taking the top spot in Asia with their Statue wins. It is quite a feat to be the number one country in Asia, considering the large number of entries from this continent.”
This year for the first time, LIA is honouring the Network of the Year, Agency of the Year and Production Company of the Year. These winners were decided based on the outstanding work chosen by the Juries across all media. The following is the Point System used to determine each honour:
Grand LIA = 5 points
Gold LIA = 4 points
Silver LIA = 3 points
Bronze LIA = 2 points
Finalist = 1 point
Network of the Year is Y&R e
Agency of the Year is RCKR/Y&R, London
Production Company of the Year is MJZ
Of the 13,562 submissions, from 79 countries, only four percent (4%) attained Shortlist status. Of those elite selections, only 0.6% won Gold Statues; 0.87% Silver Statues; 1.12% Bronze Statues and 1.33% Finalist. The vast number of submissions reflects the prestige and explosive growth of the London International Awards since its inception in 1986 when 2,600 submissions were considered.
All Winning Work, Creative Credits, Press Releases and LIA Statue images can be accessed on the London International Awards Press site. High-resolution images of Winners and Finalists can be downloaded from this site.
To Access the Press site: http://www.liaentries.com/press/
About London International Awards:
All Winners were honoured at The London International Awards
25th Annual Gala Celebration held at the Troxy in London.
This year marks LIA's 25th anniversary, a milestone in the life of any organisation, and a tribute to the many who have contributed to its success. As an awards show, LIA has established itself throughout its 25-year history as a revolutionary global leader honouring creativity and new ideas in Advertising, Design and Digital media.