From: London International Awards
Contact: Bee Lee: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: +1 718 747 6747
Embargoed until Monday, 8th November 2010, 1900 hrs GMT
French Companies win 16 statues at the
25TH ANNUAL LONDON INTERNATIONAL AWARDS
(London, 8 November 2010) The 25th LIA judging was held at the Wynn/Encore Hotel in Las Vegas, convening over a ten-day period. The juries, led by their respective Jury Presidents, viewed and scored every entry within their medium ensuring that all the work was judged equally. They concluded with final discussions to determine Grand LIAs, Statue Winners and Finalists.
This year, six companies in France were recognised for their superior entries winning a total of 16 Statues at the 2010 London International Awards.
BETC Euro RSGC Paris wins a Gold Statue, a Silver Statue and two Bronze Statues:
• Gold - Television/Cinema/Online Film - Direction for CANAL+ “The Closet”
• Silver - Television/Cinema/Online Film - Media Promotion for CANAL+ “The Closet”
• Bronze - Print – Consumer Campaign for evian "Baby Inside Campaign"
• Bronze - Integrated Campaign for 13ème Rue,Jetueunami.com/Ikillafriend.com.
They attained a Finalist each in Poster Campaign and Integrated Campaign
TBWA\Paris Boulogne Billancourt win a Gold Statue and two Bronze Statues:
• Gold - Digital - Banners/Display for AIDES “Graffiti”
• Bronze - Television/Cinema/Online Film - Public Service/Social Welfare for AIDES “Graffiti”
• Bronze - Digital - Viral for AIDES “Graffiti”
Fred & Farid Paris win a Gold Statue
• Print – Photography Campaign for Wrangler “Upper Body”, “Arms Out” and “Arched Back”
Grey Paris win a Gold Statue
• Poster – Foods for Harmonica Selected Seafood “Fish Choir”
They also attained two Finalists; one in Poster and one in Print
Ogilvy France Paris win four Silver Statues and two Bronze Statues:
• Silver - Design - Posters for IBM Smarter Planet Outcomes “Chicken Lips”, “Bino Wheels”,
“Train Cases”, “Neck Tie” and “Hold-Up”
• Silver Statue in Television/Cinema/Online Film – Music Adaptation for Dove Men+Care “Dove Man”
• Silver - Radio – Music Adaptation for Dove Men+Care “You're a Man”
• Silver - Television/Cinema/Online Film - Animation in for Duracell “Fusion”
• Bronze - Poster Campaign for IBM Smarter Planet Outcomes “Chicken Lips”, “Bino Wheels”,
“Train Cases”, “Neck Tie” and “Hold-Up”
• Bronze Statue in Television/Cinema/Online Film – Cosmetics/Toiletries/Pharmaceuticals for
Dove Men+Care “Dove Man”
They also attained a Finalist in Digital
Kouz Production Paris win a Silver Statue
• Television/Cinema/Online Film – Sound Design for Need for Speed “Shift”
Agence H, Suresnes attained a Finalist in Television/Cinema/Online Film.
“The French have done extremely well,” remarked Barbara Levy, President of London International Awards. “When you look at it, they have won across almost all media. I am very pleased to present them with so many statues.”
This year for the first time, LIA is honouring the Network of the Year, Agency of the Year and Production Company of the Year. These winners were decided based on the outstanding work chosen by the Juries across all media. The following is the Point System used to determine each honour:
Grand LIA = 5 points
Gold LIA = 4 points
Silver LIA = 3 points
Bronze LIA = 2 points
Finalist = 1 point
Network of the Year is Y&R
Agency of the Year is RCKR/Y&R, London
Production Company of the Year is MJZ
Of the 13,562 submissions, from 79 countries, only four percent (4%) attained Shortlist status. Of those elite selections, only 0.6% won Gold Statues; 0.87% Silver Statues; 1.12% Bronze Statues and 1.33% Finalist. The vast number of submissions reflects the prestige and explosive growth of the London International Awards since its inception in 1986 when 2,600 submissions were considered.
All Winning Work, Creative Credits, Press Releases and LIA Statue images can be accessed on the London International Awards Press site. High-resolution images of Winners and Finalists can be downloaded from this site.
To Access the Press site: http://www.liaentries.com/press/
About London International Awards:
All Winners were honoured at The London International Awards
25th Annual Gala Celebration held at the Troxy in London.
This year marks LIA's 25th anniversary, a milestone in the life of any organisation, and a tribute to the many who have contributed to its success. As an awards show, LIA has established itself throughout its 25-year history as a revolutionary global leader honouring creativity and new ideas in Advertising, Design and Digital media.