Embargoed until Monday, 8th November 2010, 1900 hrs GMT
DORY ADVERTISING WINS CANADA'S ONLY GOLD
CANADIAN AGENCIES WIN A TOTAL OF 19 STATUES AT THE
25TH ANNUAL LONDON INTERNATIONAL AWARDS
(London, 8 November 2010) The 25th LIA judging was held at the Wynn/Encore Hotel in Las Vegas, convening over a ten-day period. The juries, led by their respective Jury Presidents, viewed and scored every entry within their medium ensuring that all the work was judged equally. They concluded with final discussions to determine Grand LIAs, Statue Winners and Finalists.
This year, 13 companies in Canada were recognised for their superior entries winning a total of 19 Statues at the 2010 London International Awards.
Dory Advertising, St John’s was honoured with the only Gold Statue in Canada.
Dory won one Gold Statue and one Silver Statue:
• Gold - Radio – Retail Services for Nuderm - Laser Hair Removal “No Longer There”
• Silver - Radio – Campaign for for Nuderm - Laser Hair Removal “No Longer There”
BBDO Toronto win a Silver Statue and a Bronze Statue:
• Silver - Television/Cinema/Online Film – Beverages Non-Alcoholic for Tropicana “Artic Sun
• Bronze - Television/Cinema/Online Film - Music Original for Tropicana “Artic Sun
They also attained two Finalists – one in Print and the other in Radio
TBWA\Vancouver win a Silver Statue
• Television/Cinema/Online Film – Entertainment for the Vancouver International Film Festival “Subtitles”
They also attained two Finalists; one in Radio and one in Television/Cinema/ Online Film
Grey Vancouver win a Silver Statue
• Design - Direct Mail Business-to-Business for GGRP Sound titled “Cardboard Record Player”
Cossette West Vancouver win a Bronze Statue
• Television/Cinema/Online Film - Campaign for Amour “Shakespeare”, “Tethescope”, “Girl 1” and “Hot in Here”
DDB Canada Toronto win three Bronze Statues
• Bronze – Radio – Campaign for Associated Group of Home Inspectors Canada "Leak", "Weird Smell"
• Bronze - Radio – Retail Services for Associated Group of Home Inspectors Canada "Leak"
• Bronze - Radio – Retail Services for Associated Group of Home Inspectors Canada "Weird Smell”
They also attained two Finalists in Radio
GJP Advertising & Design Toronto win a Bronze Statue
• Radio - Beverages for Laker Beer “Worst Jingle Update. Ever”
Juniper Park Toronto win a Bronze Statue
• Radio - Media Promotion for Chicago Tribune “Bears”
JWT Toronto win a Bronze Statue
• Radio - Foods for Cheez Whiz “No Nonsense”
Leo Burnett Toronto win a Bronze Statue
• Billboard – Beverages-Alcoholic for James Ready Beer
They also attained two Finalists; one each for Design and Non-Traditional
Lg2 Quebec win a Bronze Statue
• Radio - Public Service/Social Welfare for Ministère de la Santé et des Services Sociaux
MacLaren McCann Toronto win a Bronze Statue
• Television/Cinema/ Online Film - Music Adaptation for MasterCard
Rethink Communications Vancouver win two Bronze Statues
• Design – Corporate Identity - BC Adventure Business Card
• Design - La Charcuterie Identity
The following companies attained Finalist status:
DDB Canada\Vancouver in Radio
GREYcanada Toronto in Radio
Grip Limited Toronto in Digital
Target Marketing & Communications, St John’s in Design
Taxi Canada Toronto in Television/Cinema/Online Film
This year for the first time, LIA is honouring the Network of the Year, Agency of the Year and Production Company of the Year. These winners were decided based on the outstanding work chosen by the Juries across all media. The following is the Point System used to determine each honour:
Grand LIA = 5 points
Gold LIA = 4 points
Silver LIA = 3 points
Bronze LIA = 2 points
Finalist = 1 point
Network of the Year is Y&R
Agency of the Year is RCKR/Y&R, London
Production Company of the Year is MJZ
Of the 13,562 submissions, from 79 countries, only four percent (4%) attained Shortlist status. Of those elite selections, only 0.6% won Gold Statues; 0.87% Silver Statues; 1.12% Bronze Statues and 1.33% Finalist. The vast number of submissions reflects the prestige and explosive growth of the London International Awards since its inception in 1986 when 2,600 submissions were considered.
All Winning Work, Creative Credits, Press Releases and LIA Statue images can be accessed on the London International Awards Press site. High-resolution images of Winners and Finalists can be downloaded from this site.
To Access the Press site: http://www.liaentries.com/press/
All Winners were honoured at The London International Awards
25th Annual Gala Celebration held at the Troxy in London.
This year marks LIA's 25th anniversary, a milestone in the life of any organisation, and a tribute to the many who have contributed to its success. As an awards show, LIA has established itself throughout its 25-year history as a revolutionary global leader honouring creativity and new ideas in Advertising, Design and Digital media.