From: London International Awards
Contact: Bee Lee: email@example.com
Telephone: +1 718 747 6747
Embargoed until Monday, 8th November 2010, 1900 hrs GMT
AlmapBBDO BRASIL WINS ONE OF ONLY TWO GRAND LIAs AWARDED AT THE
25TH ANNUAL LONDON INTERNATIONAL AWARDS
(London, 8 November 2010) The 25th LIA judging was held at the Wynn/Encore Hotel in Las Vegas, convening over a ten-day period. The juries, led by their respective Jury Presidents, viewed and scored every entry within their medium ensuring that all the work was judged equally. They concluded with final discussions to determine Grand LIAs, Statue Winners and Finalists.
This year, four agencies from Brazil garnered 16 Statues in the 2010 London International Awards.
AlmapBBDO São Paulo win a Grand LIA for Print, three Gold Statues and five Bronze Statues at the 2010 London International Awards.
The Grand LIA was awarded for their Print Campaign for Billboard Magazine titled “Bono”; “Amy”, “Eminen”, “Marilyn” and “Britney”.
The entire campaign also won three Gold Statues in Print - Art Direction Campaign, Print - Consumer Campaign and Poster Campaign.
AlmapBBDO also win 5 Bronze Statues:
• Print - Consumer Campaign for Havaianas “Banana”, “Taxi”, “Shoe”, “Perfume Spray” and “Crank”
• Print - Illustration Campaign for Havaianas “Banana”, “Taxi”, “Shoe”, “Perfume Spray” and “Crank”
• Print - Automotive Products for Parking Sensor “Hydrant”
• Poster Campaign for Volkswagen “Trucks Bricks”, “Tomatoes”, “Lettuce”, “Glass of Milk” and “Cans”
• Integrated Campaign for EPA Asks: How Far Does Your Creativity Go?
They also attained four Finalists - two in Non-Traditional, one in Radio and one in Print
Ogilvy Brasil São Paulo was the only other Brazilian agency to win a Gold.
They also win two Silver Statues and two Bronze Statues:
• Gold - Design – Use of Photography for Burger King “Whopper Face”
• Silver - Non-Traditional – Retail for Burger King “Whopper Face”
• Silver - Non-Traditional - Public Service/Social Welfare for Bar Aurora / Boteco Ferraz "$73.000 Bar Tab "
• Bronze - Radio - Music Adaptation for Moto ID "I Can't Remember This Tune"
• Bronze - Radio - Music Adaptation for Moto ID "C'mon What's This Song"
They also attained two Finalists; one in Digital and one in The NEW Category
DDB Brasil São Paulo win a Silver Statue and a Bronze Statue
• Silver - Design - Direct Mail – Business-to-Business for Saxsofunny “Imaginary Musical Instruments “
• Bronze - Poster – Campaign for FedEx “Europe”, “Asia” and “
They also attained two Finalists; one in Non-Traditional and one in Print
Moma Propaganda São Paulo won a Silver Statue
• Print – Business-to-Business Campaign for Maximidia Seminars “Facebook”, “Twitter”, “Skype” and “YouTube”
Leo Burnett Brasil São Paulo attained a Finalist in Print
“Winning a Grand LIA in this year’s Show is huge,” remarked Barbara Levy, President of LIA. “Especially when you consider that only two were awarded out of a potential thirteen. Congratulations to AlmapBBDO.”
This year for the first time, LIA is honouring the Network of the Year, Agency of the Year and Production Company of the Year. These winners were decided based on the outstanding work chosen by the Juries across all media. The following is the Point System used to determine each honour:
Grand LIA = 5 points
Gold LIA = 4 points
Silver LIA = 3 points
Bronze LIA = 2 points
Finalist = 1 point
Network of the Year is Y&R
Agency of the Year is RCKR/Y&R, London
Production Company of the Year is MJZ
Of the 13,562 submissions, from 79 countries, only four percent (4%) attained Shortlist status. Of those elite selections, only 0.6% won Gold Statues; 0.87% Silver Statues; 1.12% Bronze Statues and 1.33% Finalist. The vast number of submissions reflects the prestige and explosive growth of the London International Awards since its inception in 1986 when 2,600 submissions were considered.
All Winning Work, Creative Credits, Press Releases and LIA Statue images can be accessed on the London International Awards Press site. High-resolution images of Winners and Finalists can be downloaded from this site.
To Access the Press site: http://www.liaentries.com/press/
About London International Awards:
All Winners were honoured at The London International Awards
25th Annual Gala Celebration held at the Troxy in London.
This year marks LIA's 25th anniversary, a milestone in the life of any organisation, and a tribute to the many who have contributed to its success. As an awards show, LIA has established itself throughout its 25-year history as a revolutionary global leader honouring creativity and new ideas in Advertising, Design and Digital media.